Wednesday, September 17, 2014

CBC Montreal News

So, yeah, turns out the TV did want to talk to me. I got a call this morning from nice chap at CBC Montreal asking if I would like to do a spot for the evening news. Once I realised I didn't have to go into the studio, and that he would come to me, I said yes.

Of course, I wasn't dressed for TV, just in scrappy jeans and a T-shirt, but when I phoned K to tell her I had been asked, she ever so kindly offered to drop off a shirt and jacket at work for me!
The interview was conducted just outside Ste Justine, and was about 5-10 minutes in length, which is becoming quite easy for me to do on this subject, after the latest practice. Of course they only used 2 sound bites from those 5 minutes, but at least I wasn't quoted out of context. It would be nice to get my hands on the full interview, but I doubt that'll happen.


Here's the link. I'm between 5.00 and 5.24 minutes into the clip.

CBC Web Player here.

So, it turns out all I had to do to get on TV was write a request in my blog! Who knew? So, anyone out there want to give me a million bucks? Anyone?


Of course, nothing I say here will have an effect on the result, but I do feel engaged in the debate, if even in a small way, and to me, that is one of the greatest things about this debate, that it has engaged the population, of Scotland, and elsewhere, in a way that politics does not normally do. If even a fraction of the energy and interest that has been generated in this campaign continues to be put to use, then no matter the outcome, Scotland will win.

Is that the end of it? Not at all.  There's talk of cameras crashing our Scottish event tomorrow evening, and there's another CBC radio show that wants me for a debrief on Friday, but I doubt I can go due to the time of recording. I already had to turn them down today, but they did talk to me, and I get a mention in this segment they did with my friend Angus Bell.

No comments:

Post a Comment